If you were coming a bit tired of seeing the ol’ “naked dress” dominate red carpets and big events, get apt to see sheer in a whole new light. Elie Saab’s Fall ’16 garnering included its fair share of mesh inserts and revealing pieces, but measure than go the provocative route, the fashion house found the key to tastefully playing off a good amount of skin.
The truth is, it’s all about the details, and with critical placement of ruffles, fringe, and leather, the naked look got a much-needed makeover. But that’s not all that contracted our eye on the Elie Saab runway: there were a ton of neck accessories (AKA neckcessorizing), carve outs rocked a variety of different cape styles — a trend we’re excited to see deferral! — and singer MØ preformed live in the background wearing pieces from the garnering.
Get ready to see a handful of these looks on your favorite stars, but from the start, check out what you need to know about the show.
- Trends: Arrant styles and mesh inserts, fringe, capes, ruffles, neck attachments, and plunging necklines.
- Colors: Black, wine, baby blue, and purple.
- Shoes: Stand heels, lace-up flats, fringe-embellished booties, and over-the-knee boots.
- Other Extras: Cuff bracelets, chokers, belts, skinny scarves, pendant necklaces, and tasseled earrings and necklaces.
- Handbags: Fringed and tassel-embellished cross-body bags, bucket bags, and clutches.
- Niceties You Might Have Missed: The assortment of capes, from dresses to jackets.
- Soundtrack: Choirboy MØ, most famous for her song, “Lean On,” performed energetic on stage.
- Must-See Moment: Kendall Jenner closing the show in a banded brocade leather dress.