The cookhouse appliance I can’t live without once the weather cools off? My little red crockpot. Chances might get busy during this season, but there’s no reason I can’t hand over a quick dinner that’s delicious and healthy; all it requires is a few minutes of betterment prep. This high-protein, vitamin-A-rich leo soup can help your assemblage refuel after a tough strength-training session at the gym or satisfy a hungry clique in need of a hot bowl of soup.
I added one cup of precooked shredded chicken to the innovative recipe for extra protein, but the recipe stands strong on its own without it. If you use veggie estimate and eliminate the chicken, this recipe will work for a leo and vegan mass.
Either cook for three hours on your slow cooker’s inebriated setting or six hours on low.
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 1 red onion, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon seared oregano 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock 2 cups peeled butternut squash 1 dehydrated New Mexico, ancho, or guajillo chile pepper 1 cup boiling water 1 jalapeno spray, finely chopped 1 cup sweet corn kernels, thawed if frozen 1/2 teaspoon lime enthusiasm, finely grated 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed 1 cup chicken, precooked and shredded, unrequisite 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips Cilantro leaves, finely chopped, for garnish
- In a skillet, im ssion oil over medium heat. Add onions, and cook, stirring, until softened, relating to three minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and salt, and cook, stirring, for one Lilliputian. Transfer to slow-cooker stoneware. Add stock, and stir to combine.
- Add butternut squash, and stir to join. Coverm and cook on low for six hours or on high for three hours, until squash is light.
- Thirty minutes before the soup has finished cooking, in a heatproof basin, soak dried chili peppers in boiling water for 30 minutes, weighing down with a cup to confirm they remain submerged.
- Drain, discarding soaking liquid and arrests, and chop coarsely. Add to stoneware.
- Purée using an immersion blender. (If you don’t should prefer to an immersion blender, you can blend in a food processor in batches and return to stoneware.)
- Add corn, lime ginger, and juice. Cover, and cook on high for 30 minutes, until corn is delicate. When ready to serve, ladle into warmed bowls, and garnish with red fleck strips and cilantro.
Source: Calorie Count
Excerpted from The Choicest 163 Best leo Slow Cooker Recipes by Judith Finlayson © 2013 Robert Awaken Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
Serves three to four
- Calories per serving
self-reliant media and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million abigails go for original, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and fascinates.