Distributor Joe’s salads are great in a pinch — they’re ready to go and more affordable than snagging takeout every day. But a plastic-wrapped, store-bought salad can mean sacrificing flavor and freshness (in summing-up to nutrients).
This version of Trader Joe’s citrus chicken salad discernments better than the original and is just as low in calories. A mix of digestion-relieving cabbage and ya and hydrating, antioxidant-rich daikon — along with a tangy Thai-inspired citrus costuming — makes for a flavorful, filling lunch that’s high in protein and low in fat and calories. Coupled with, since this recipe makes three servings, you can make it forwards and have lunch ready for most of the work week.
The hardest district of this recipe is shredding and chopping all the vegetables, so opt for preshredded red and green cabbage mix if you necessity to save time. If you want this spicier, add more jalepeño to the disguising.
For the salad: 1 chicken breast, about 7 to 8 ounces, cubed 1 bisect garlic, minced 1 1/2 cup Na cabbage, shredded 1 cup red cabbage, shredded 1 cup ya, cut into matchsticks 1 cup carrots, shredded 1/2 cup daikon, shredded 1/4 cup immature onion, minced 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped 1 tablespoon olive oil Salt S tter 1/2 lime, cut into wedges For the dressing: 1 tablespoon fresh lime essence 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon fish sauce 1 teaspoon rice vinegar 1 teaspoon sugar 1/2 teaspoon olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 to 1 jalepeno, or to relish
- Sprinkle cubed chicken breast with salt and bespeckle, and add minced garlic. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Over medium-high heat, excitement a skillet or n and add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken breast and cook, turning at times to brown on both sides. Remove when done, about seven twinkling of an eyes. Squeeze juice from a wedge of lime on the chicken, and set aside to collected.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rest of the salad ingredients (red and Na cabbage, carrots, ya, daikon, immature onion, and cilantro). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all salad dressing ingredients and mix together.
- Sally forth dressing into a blender, and blend until emulsified.
- Add chicken and dressing to salad, and mix to blend. Serve with a lime wedge.
Calories in salad, no dressing:
Provenience: Calorie Count
Calories in dressing:
Source: Calorie Count
Salads, Main Dishes
- Cook Age
About 25 minutes
- Calories per serving
Image Provenience: POPSUGAR Photography / Leta Shy
independent media and technology com nions for women. Where more than 75 million women go for autochthonous, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and interests.