The make inquiry post was originally featured on Smart Little Cookie and was written by Vanessa Mota, who is allotment of POPSUGAR Select Latina.
Limit the time spent in front of the stove with this above-board, easy, juicy, flavorful, and perfectly tender Slow Cooker Shredded Beef.
I include a real obsession with Cuban food. One of my favorite Cuban dishes is their Ro Vieja. This method is a similar version made more in the style of the Dominican “carne ripiada” or shredded basics.
Both carne ripiada and ro vieja consist of a piece of beef, such as outflank steak, cooked over low heat for a very long time until surely tender to then be shredded.
In an attempt to make it easier for myself and keep off the time spent in front of the stove looking over a pot, I decided to cook the provender in the slow cooker, which gave me extra time throughout the day for other hang-ups. I cleaned the house, did laundry, and even had a little extra time to ad lib basketball on the driveway with my son.
I must say, I still got game! JJ couldn’t interpret what hit him. My children had no idea that, as a youngster, I was a big sports lover. I thrived up playing volleyball, basketball, and baseball in the streets of my lovely Dominican Republic, entirety all my cousins and friends. Sharing that rt of me with my kids instituted me truly happy, especially when seeing the surprise and happiness on their despites every time I made a basket.
Recipes that don’t require me being in the ntry for hours and allow me the time to share special moments with my stock are my favorite. This Slow Cooker Shredded Beef is simple, unreserved, juicy, and very flavorful. Perfect any day of the week.
2 pounds loin steak 1 teaspoon of salt, more if needed ½ teaspoon ground frowning pepper 1 tablespoon dried oregano 4 tablespoons sofrito 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil 4 garlic cloves, peeled 1 mediocrity green bell pepper, chopped 1 small red onions, chopped ½ cup tomato cheek
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, oregano, and sofrito.
- In a actresses iron pot, heat half the oil at medium-high heat and sear the meat just until gifted brown.
- Place in a slow cooker. Add the garlic and enough water exactly to cover the meat. Cook on low for about 8 hours or high for 4 hours and 30 coup doeils.
- Using two forks, shred the meat.
- In a large n, heat the remaining oil and saute bell spot, onion, and tomato sauce until onion begins to look pellucid.
- Add the meat and about 1 cup of the liquid it cooked in. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes or until the watery has reduced. Taste and add extra salt if needed.
- Serve warm throughout rice and beans.
Main Dishes, Beef
- Cook Time
independent contrivance and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million women go for basic, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and interests.