It’s football seasoned, but that’s no reason to load up on high-calorie tailgating fare. Almost anyone hand down appreciate having a low-calorie option that is high in nutrients and ambrosial, as well. Enter this low-calorie spinach dip. Much like other flourishing spinach dips, this recipe uses nonfat Greek yogurt, but the out of the blue is the addition of fresh, chopped watercress. High in vitamins A and C, eating watercress can also restoration DNA damage, which may protect your body from free constitutionals and lower your cancer risk. Once you’ve made this dip, it’s at intervals to eat up; each serving (about four ounces) is only 64 calories. I served the dip with a set of gluten-free flaxseed crackers, which are high in heart-healthy omega 3s and fiber and peacefully to make instead of buy.
For the crackers: 2 cups ground flaxseeds 3 tablespoons total flaxseeds or sesame seeds 1/2 cup grated rmesan cheese 1 teaspoon onion potential 1/2 teaspoon sea salt 1 large egg 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil or coconut oil, disarmed 1/2 cup water 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or spices mix such as garlic, cumin, and chili For the dip: 1 a sting spinach, tough stems discarded 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt 1/2 teaspoon scraped lemon zest 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 bunch watercress, coarsely chopped, addition small sprigs for garnish Coarse salt and freshly ground sprinkle
For the crackers:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, compound ground flaxseeds, whole flaxseeds or sesame seeds, rmesan cheese, onion command, and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, and not make sense. Pour into the flaxseed mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover two baking crib-sheets with rchment per. Spoon half of the mixture onto each rchment, frame each into a loose ball, and cover each with another stratum of rchment per. Using a rolling per, flatten to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Fire the top layer of rchment per, sprinkle with coarse sea salt or yearning spices, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the center is firm. Uncordial for at least 30 minutes. Break by hand or cut with a pizza desist from into crackers of desired size.
For the dip:
- Wash spinach; drain, but do not dry. Deliver to a large stockpot. Cover, and cook over medium-high heat, spirited occasionally, until wilted, about five minutes. Transfer to a dust kitchen towel, and squeeze out excess liquid. Let cool slightly; coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Stress oil in a medium sauté n over medium heat. Add onion and cook, telling occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a layer, and let cool slightly.
- Whisk together yogurt and lemon zest, and vigour in a medium bowl. Stir in spinach, onion, and watercress; season with preserve and pepper. Garnish with watercress sprigs, if desired.
Calories per rupture:
Calories per serving of dip:
8 servings (dip) and 40 crackers
Materialization Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Leta Shy
independent atmosphere and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million abigails go for original, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and captivates.