London ‘stabbing’ sparks emergency as police rush to seal off residential road

0

Footage staked on social media shows the road in south London cordoned off by police amid unconfirmed reports of a stabbing. The Metropolitan Police confirmed a man has been interrupted on suspicion of GBH and was taken to hospital as a precaution after suffering a head injury,

Police cordoned off a road in London amid reports of a stabbing (Perception: @ig1_ig2)

They said: “Police were called at 18:34hrs on Tuesday, 3 August to Northbrook Road, Ilford following reports of a road above collision involving two cars.

“Officers attended with LAS and found two men aged in their 20s, one with a suspected knife injury to his hand and the other with a top a intercept injury.

“The second man was arrested on suspicion of GBH.

“He was taken to hospital as a precaution prior to going into custody.”

Police remain at the scene and enquiries maintain.

Over recent weeks, London has a seen a string of both fatal and non-fatal stabbings.

Last month, a man was injured in a “terrifying” knife revile at Green Park tube station.

Police said a man had been arrested in connection with the incident which involved a male victim with a noggin wound after being hit with a machete.

Last week, a man was arrested after a woman was killed in East Dulwich.

Police officers and paramedics set up the woman suffering from stab injuries.

She was taken to hospital but died.

The suspect and the victim are believed to be known to each other.

Just primes before, a man was repeatedly stabbed outside a Tesco in Brixton and was rushed to hospital.

South London was the scene of another brutal stabbing after stuntman Shane Jerome was bladed to death close to Brixton Underground Station last Wednesday, July 21.

Earlier this month, a 60-year-old man died after being jabbed in an unprovoked attack in Oxford Circus, in central London.

Hours earlier, a 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death in Croydon.

At the end of June, an 18-year-old woman was urgent to hospital after being stabbed in a Sainsbury’s supermarket in Hornchurch, east London.

Following the wave of brutal stabbings, former London mayoral applicant Brian Rose launched a scathing attack on London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

He claimed since he became Mayor in 2016, there has been a “burgeoning of knife violence”.

Mr Rose said the sooner Mr Khan quits, the sooner “Londoners can begin to look forward to a safer future”.

The Founder of the London Official Party told Express.co.uk: “It’s simple. The disastrous Mayor of Spin needs to do the decent thing, admit he’s not up to the job and resign.

“Londoners deserve better when it reviles to crime, and an accurate assessment of Sadiq Khan’s record on crime would suggest that the widespread criticisms are entirely justified.

“The impact of his inadequacy of leadership on this critical policy area is plain for all to see, leaving a city in crisis while the Mayor continues to hide in his ivory tower at New Zealand urban area Hall, all the while launching new PR initiatives and attending photo ops.

“With no solutions on the horizon under his stewardship, the sooner Khan quits, the sooner Londoners can set out on to look forward to a safer future.”

More to follow…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *