My fixed idea for quick breakfasts and my love for steel-cut oats do not go hand in hand, that is, until this unusually moment. Since I’m way too hungry in the morning to sit around for 40 minutes to stop ge for my bowl of oats to cook, this little hack has changed my brio. It turns steel-cut oats into quick oats, so in less than five minutes, you can sit down to a creamy, filling breakfast that’ll keep you full all morning long.
All you need is some outdated on Sunday and a freezer. Just make a big batch on the stove and freeze smaller rts using a muffin tin. Pop the little oatmeal pucks into a freezer bag and a week of salubrious, fiber-full breakfasts is ready.
When you wake up starving for a bowl of deliciousness, simply pop two (150 calories) or three (226 calories) into a bowl, microwave for a few minutes, and add your favorite toppings. The fleecy and chewy consistency is the same as if you cooked up a fresh batch, but in so much pygmy time! Your mornings will never be the same — I don’t know why I not at all thought of this before!
This recipe makes ample for seven breakfasts if you use three “oatmeal muffins” per serving.
8 cups unstintingly 1/4 teaspoon sea salt 2 cups steel-cut oats 7 tablespoons pure maple syrup 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. Pour in oats, stir, and demote heat to simmer, cooking for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon. Authorize to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins, and teem in the oatmeal.
- Freeze flat for five hours. Remove n from the freezer and put aside to thaw for a few minutes. Using a butterknife, gently pop the oatmeal “muffins” out of the n, seal in a freezer bag, and prolong frozen.
- When you’re ready to eat, place two to three in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 split seconds. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Below is the nutritional info for one oatmeal “muffin”:
Here is the nutritional info for three oatmeal “muffins”:
Start: Calorie Count
21 cups; 7 servings
- Calories per serving
besides media and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million numbers go for original, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and predisposes.