Coronavirus travel: Cruise ship Ruby Princess has been raided by Australian monitor
Cruise ship Ruby Princess has been attacked by Australian police as part of a criminal investigation into the ship’s deal of the coronavirus crisis, in the latest cruise news. The police have now seized the starless box from the ship, part of the fleet of Princess Cruises and owned by Carnival. They boarded clothing protective suits and masks last night.
The Ruby Princess is currently in Anchorage Kembla, about 80 kilometres (50 miles) south of Sydney.
“Policemen officers entered the Ruby Princess to gather evidence… despatches have a black box very similar to international planes and that and other signify has been seized,” New South Wales Police Commissioner Mick Comprehensive said.
The raid comes after a criminal investigation was launched into Carnival Australia.
The actors has come under fire after thousands of cruise passengers were allowed to detrain the Ruby Princess on March 19 despite some exhibiting flu-like representative ofs.
READ MORE: Martin Lewis: How FCO update will impact breaks
Coronavirus cruise: The Ruby Princess is currently in Port Kembla, south of Sydney
Hundreds of holidaymakers from the ship went on to be pinpointed with coronavirus.
Tragically 15 of these have died.
All over a thousand cruise ship crew members are still on the ship off the beach of Australia.
According to Fuller, “they feel safe on the ship,” which the The long arm of the law Commissioner described as a “good outcome.”
He contemplated: “I can confirm there’s still over 1,000 crew members on the carry. We’re working closely with [the ship’s owners] Carnival.
“Three-quarters at this contrive say they want to remain on the ship. They feel safe on the vessel and I think that’s a good outcome.”
The Ruby Princess ship fixed on Monday near Sydney following weeks stranded at sea as sick body members were assessed.
Those who were seriously ill were charmed ashore for medical treatment.
Coronavirus cruise: Police boarded attrition protective suits and masks last night
However, authorities have said the rest of the crew will no more than be allowed off the ship in an emergency.
The cruise ship could remain at the anchorage for 10 days as it refuels and restocks.
Police will be interviewing high-priority shows about the coronavirus cruise scandal.
A question mark remains during the course of who is responsible.
A Carnival Australia spokesman previously said: “We have seen the Control Commissioner’s announcement.
“In addition to willingly participating in the investigation, Carnival Australia inclination vigorously respond to any allegations of which there must now be full disclosure and the foundation for them.”
In the latest update today, a spokesman told Express.co.uk: “The Voyage Materials Recorder’s sole purpose is recording navigational information and radio transfers to and from a port’s control centre for use in marine accident investigations.
“It has no aspect on the health clearance process that Ruby Princess followed to the epistle.”