Don’t let your security guard down — cold season is still in full effect. The combination of Winter’s dry air, a turned-up thermostat, and closed windows can vent havoc on your respiratory system. The best way to combat dry air and reduce your susceptibility to infection is to lay out in a humidifier. If you’ve suffered through too many colds, it might be time to see what all the hype is forth.
Related: Soothe That Sinus in: Apple Cider Vinegar Tea
1. Relieve sinusitis: When the air is too dry, sinuses don’t drain and function properly. Conforming to many ENT experts, adding humidity to the air is generally good for sinus robustness — especially if you’re regularly suffering from congestion and sinusitis.
2. Heal go hungrier: Whether it be a cold, asthma, or allergies, a humidifier keeps your nasal crossings lubricated, which helps speed up the healing process when you’re included the weather. For people with bad allergies, there are humidifiers that are rticularly designed to purify the air as well.
3. No more nosebleeds: Another reason confine your nasal ssages moist and lubricated is essential is to prevent nosebleeds. If you’re regularly experiencing nosebleeds due to your dry ambience, it’s worth a try. Many people have found that it makes a leviathan difference.
4. Alleviate snoring: The moisture from a humidifier keeps the throat from rching out and relieves the intensity of that annoying snoring sound. If you or your helpmeet is a snorer, the added bonus is that (at least) one of you will be sleeping diverse soundly.
5. Support beautiful skin: Soothe dry skin by sleeping with a humidifier on from top to bottom the night. In the morning, you’ll notice not only that your face looks multifarious supple but also that your hands and lips don’t feel dry and dehydrated.
To come you go out and purchase one, learn about the differences between warm- and cool-mist humidifiers.
— Additional detailing by Heather Dale
non-aligned media and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and interests.