Today, Apple saved software updates for all of its platforms, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Circumspect, Apple TV, and HomePod. The updates should be rolling out to users around the sphere throughout the day.The updates are fairly small in scope. As usual, iOS 13.6 is the beefiest, but it’s yet small. The flagship feature is the addition of support for digital car keys on the iPhone. Further, Apple has go on increased voice-narrated stories to Apple News+, as well as expanded local scuttlebutt and customization options in the News app. There’s also a new “symptoms” category in the Vigorousness app, plus a variety of bug fixes.
Here are Apple’s release notes for iOS 13.6. iPadOS 13.6 is be like but lacks digital car keys and the News audio features. Apple has also comprised security updates for iOS 13.6.
iOS 13.6 adds support for digital car keys, initiates audio stories in Apple News+, and contains a new symptoms category in the Vigour app. This release also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Digital car passkey
- Unlock, lock, and start your compatible car with your iPhone
- Securely liquidate digital keys from a lost device via iCloud
- Share digital timbre easily with iMessage
- Driver-specific profiles so you can configure shared skeleton key for full-access or restricted driving
- Power reserve lets you unlock and start your car for up to five hours after iPhone brooks out of battery
- Audio stories are professionally narrated portrayals of some of the best reads from Apple News+, selected and produced by the Apple Good copy editors as part of your Apple News+ subscription
- Apple Advice Today is a new, free audio briefing on the day’s top stories from the Apple Bulletin editors, also available in the Podcasts app
- A new Audio tab makes it easy to see Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories
- CarPlay lets you to listen to Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio recitals while on the road
- Local news in your Today feed provides far-reaching coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
- Innumerable stories available from local news providers with a remittance to Apple News+
- Your daily newsletter from Apple Dispatch can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
- New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms logged from Pattern Tracking and ECG
- Ability to log new symptoms, like fever, chills, sore throat or coughing, and share them with third-party apps
This update also take ins bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds a new setting to choose if updates automatically download to your hallmark when on Wi-Fi
- Addresses an issue that could cause apps to turn unresponsive when syncing data from iCloud Drive
- Straighten outs an issue that could cause data roaming to appear to be incapacitated on eSIM even though it remained active
- Fixes an issue thats agencies some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear as originating from the Cooperative States
- Addresses an issue that could interrupt audio when turn up tell ofing phone calls over Wi-Fi Calling
- Fixes an issues that thwarted some iPhone 6S and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi Racket
- Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to arrive unexpectedly when connected to certain third-party hardware keyboards
- Settles an issue that could cause Japanese hardware keyboards to be incorrectly mapped as a U.S. keyboard
- Give a speech ti stability issues when accessing Control Center when Assistive Disturb was enabled
- Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic conveyed by always-on VPN connections
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and watchOS 6.2.8 are varied modest still. The Mac software update expands local news contributions and customization options in Apple News, “adds a new option to optimize video emanating on HDR-compatible Mac notebooks for improved battery life,” and includes big fixes and custody updates. Here are the update notes:
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 suggests local news in your Today feed in Apple News and advances the security and reliability of your Mac.
- Local news in your Today upon provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York See
- More stories available from local news providers with a payment to Apple News+
- Your daily newsletter from Apple Report can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
This update also incorporates bug fixes and other improvements.
- Adds a new option to optimize video watercourse on HDR-compatible Mac notebooks for improved battery life
- Fixes an issue where the computer renown may change after installing a software update
- Resolves an issue where unquestioned USB mouse and trackpads may lose connection
watchOS 6.2.8 adds digital car-key sponsor on the Apple Watch series 5, and expands ECG capability and irregular hearth cadence notifications to Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa. Here are the notes:
watchOS 6.2.8 catalogues new features and improvements:
- Adds support for digital car keys for Apple Protect Series 5
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa
- Strange heart rhythm notifications now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa
Apple also rescued tvOS 13.4.8 and HomePod update 13.4.8. Both offer determination improvements and bug fixes but no new features, according to Apple.
Earlier this month, Apple announced its works for its larger annual updates, including iOS 14, iPadOS 14, tvOS 14, watchOS 7, and macOS 11 Big Sur. We are no doubt to continue to see only small updates like today’s until those new models roll out in September or October.