This week, Apple has let a number of software updates to pave the way for tomorrow’s iPhone 12 inaugurate. Among them: iOS and iPadOS 14.1, and updates to iMovie and GarageBand for iOS.iOS 14.1 adds maintain for the various new iPhone 12-specific features, plus a number of bug fixes. Most of the bug settles fix UI bugs that shipped with iOS 14 last month. iPadOS 14.1 categorizes some of the same bug fixes.
Both updates are the second to come since iOS 14, after iOS and iPadOS 14.0.1. The update in two shakes of a lambs tail prior to this one fixed a bug that caused users’ default post and browser apps to reset when a device was turned off or restarted. Putting, users have since found that their preferences are also being reset when App Trust in updates occur. iOS 14.1 does not address that issue.
Here are Apple’s update notes for iOS 14.1:
iOS 14.1 covers improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone.
- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and modify in Photos for iPhone 8 and later
- Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were overshadowing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue where draw widgets on the Home Screen could remove apps from folders
- Settle ons an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an faulty alias
- Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying province information
- Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed unfold mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen predicament call button overlapping with the text input box
- Addresses an outlet where some users were occasionally unable to download or add ados to their library while viewing an album or playlist
- Fixes an publish that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
- Metamorphose inti an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be compressed at the start of playback
- Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a blood member’s Apple Watch for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Apple Take care of case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
- Addresses an exit in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud mending providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
- Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access accents
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the safeguarding content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: https://stick.apple.com/kb/HT201222
And for iPadOS 14.1, which has a subset of the changes above:
iPadOS 14.1 embodies improvements and bug fixes for your iPad.
- Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and compress in Photos for iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (2nd generation) and later, iPad Pro 11‑inch, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPad Air (3rd formation) and later, and iPad mini (5th generation)
- Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were steer up in reduced size on the Home Screen
- Fixes an issue where some emails in Letters were sent from an incorrect alias
- Addresses an issue where some operators were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while regard an album or playlist
- Resolves an issue where streaming video perseverance could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
- Addresses an issue in the Cases app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly flaunt content as unavailable
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple mark of cadencies. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please stop this website: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
As noted above, Apple also updated iMovie and GarageBand. These updates add new put into the limelights and fix bugs and are available from the App Store provided you’re running iOS 14 or timer.