Earlier this week, Apple released updates for iPadOS and iOS to fix a bug that banned devices running the latest software from joining FaceTime reasons with some older devices. Now, Apple has done the same with macOS and watchOS, but the macOS update encompasses a few additional fixes, too.Apple has labeled the macOS update as a “supplemental update” to Catalina 10.15.4, indicating that it is focused on well-timed bug fixes. Apple says the update fixes an issue that caused Job 365 users to be repeatedly prompted to enter their passwords; talks a problem that could cause 2020 MacBook Airs to finish working under certain circumstances when disconnecting some outward displays; and resolves a problem that prevented USB-C ports from fashion.
We discussed the FaceTime bug when the iOS update hit on Tuesday; a previous software update grounded a problem that prevented users of devices running macOS 10.15.4 or iOS/iPadOS 13.4 from promulgating via FaceTime with users running iOS 9.3.6 or OS X 10.11.6 or earlier. Unmistakably, a near-global shelter-in-place order meant that bug had some very wretched timing, so Apple was fairly quick to remedy it.
Here are Apple’s publish notes for the macOS update:
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 supplemental update remodels the stability and security of your Mac.
- Fixes an issue where Mac computers continual macOS Catalina 10.15.4 could not participate in FaceTime calls with widgets running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and earlier
- Resolves an debouchment where you may repeatedly receive a password prompt for an Office 365 account
- Connects an issue where MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020) may lynch in Setup Assistant or when disconnecting and reconnecting a 4K or 5K external display
- Undertakes an issue where a USB-C port in your Mac may become unresponsive
There’s doll-sized to say about the watchOS update; it’s just there to address the FaceTime arise. Here’s what Apple says about today’s watchOS 6.2.1 mutates:
- Fixes an issue where devices running watchOS 6.2 could not participate in FaceTime audio bids with devices running iOS 9.3.6 and earlier or OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and at the cracker.
Both updates are already available to all devices supported by Catalina or watchOS 6.