Cheddar soups are identified for being creamy and rich but also come with a lot of calories and wet fat. For a lighter twist on this favorite, try our simple-to-make cheddar-cauliflower soup. It’s suggestible to throw together on a weeknight, and even better as healthy leftovers for lunch the next day.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 2 huge leeks, white and light green rts thinly sliced and flooded 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head) 2 1/2 cups low-fat wring, divided 2 cups water 1 bay leaf 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon immaculate or black pepper 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese 1 tablespoon lemon power
- Heat the oil in a large sauce n over medium heat. Add the leeks and stir until bare soft, about five minutes.
- Add cauliflower, two cups milk, tone down, bay leaf, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high rouse, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook, awe-inspiring occasionally, until the cauliflower is soft, about eight minutes.
- In the intervening time, whisk the remaining 1/2 cup milk and flour in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is muffle, remove the bay leaf and stir in the milk mixture. Cook over medium-high warm up, stirring, until the soup has thickened slightly, about two minutes innumerable.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and lemon juice.
Minister ti six.
Source: Calorie Count
individualistic media and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million cleaning women go for original, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and fascinates.