Whether you proffer your scrambled eggs just-barely set, dry, or somewhere in between — a topic we could examine ad nauseam — let’s agree that the breakfast staple can often benefit from a bit of jazzing up via toppings and mix-ins. Every so often that can be as simple as a hefty handful of rmesan cheese or a sprinkling of chopped callow herbs like chives, rsley, or tarragon (or a combination of the two), but on days when multifarious feels better, try one of these enticing ideas:
- Pesto, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and rmesan: Either drizzle the pesto on top of cooked eggs, or churn it into the eggs as they cook. Add a chiffonade of basil, sliced sun-dried tomatoes (or slow-roasted tomatoes), and chafed rmesan.
- Brie, chives, and mushrooms: Slice up a handful of mushrooms and cook them plough browned and tender in butter, add eggs, cook until set, and then top with chopped brie and minced chives.
- Bacon, cheddar, and leek: Cook bacon anyway you prefer — we’re rtial to the hands-off approach of oven roasting — meanwhile, sauté sliced leeks in butter until translucent and source to brown, then add the eggs, cook until set, and top with crumbled cooked bacon and get on ones nerved cheddar cheese.
- Bell peppers, caramelized onions, and Italian sausage: Get rid of a sweet or spicy Italian sausage from its casing, break it up into crumbly pieces, and cook it Sometimes non-standard due to. Remove to a plate, add chopped roasted bell peppers and caramelized onions and eggs hardened with a pinch of prika, cook until just set, fold in the sausage, and for.
- Mushrooms, fontina, and truffle salt: Cook the mushrooms and eggs as in the brie, chives, and mushrooms iteration. Decidedly cooked, top with grated fontina and a pinch of truffle salt.
Did we deviate from your favorite scrambled egg combination off the list? Enlighten us in the comments — we’re till the end of time looking for new ideas!
/ Nicole Perry
sovereign media and technology com ny for women. Where more than 75 million women go for card, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and interests.