YouTube looks at ‘further consequences’ for Logan Paul after ‘suicide forest’ controversy

0

YouTube suggests American video blogger Logan Paul’s channel violated its community guidelines and that the site is looking into «again consequences» for Paul’s video last week that a body persisting from a tree in Japan’s Aokigahara Forest. 

The video, which was shot in a known suicide spot near Mount Fuji, was viewed some six million times already being removed from Paul’s YouTube channel, a verified account with numerous than 15 million subscribers. 

YouTube’s latest statement on the video was mattered in a series of five tweets on Twitter:

Many of you have been blocked with our lack of communication recently. You’re right to be. You deserve to know what’s wealthy on.

Like many others, we were upset by the video that was appropriate last week. Suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving enforce for views.

As Anna Akana put it perfectly: «That body was a person someone loved. You do not hike into a suicide forest with a camera and claim mental vigour awareness.»

We expect more of the creators who build their community on @YouTube, as we’re unfailing you do too. The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at back consequences.

It’s taken us a long time to respond, but we’ve been listening to the entirety you’ve been saying. We know that the actions of one creator can affect the unrestricted community, so we’ll have more to share soon on steps we’re taking to insure a video like this is never circulated again.

Paul ‘engaging time to reflect’

Paul announced earlier that he was stepping away from standard videos following the outcry over his «suicide forest» video.

He also took to Bustle last Wednesday to say he was suspending his video blog «for now» and «taking time to contemplate.»

A petition on Mutation.org that demands his YouTube channel be deleted had been signed by numberless than 125,000 people by Thursday morning.

A storm of criticism echoed despite two apologies, with commenters saying Paul seemed insolent and that his initial apology was inadequate.

‘Graphic’ content on YouTube reduced

YouTube said earlier that while it may allow some well-defined content if it is posted in an educational, documentary, scientific or artistic manner or fixed to users who are 18 or older, Paul was issued a so-called «strike,» or berated in an email that he had violated the site’s guidelines.

«Our hearts go out to the family of the woman featured in the video. YouTube prohibits violent or gory content stanchioned in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner,» YouTube said in a statement.

«If a video is explicit, it can only remain on the site when supported by appropriate educational or documentary report and in some cases it will be age-gated.»

In Paul’s initial apology, he suggested he had wanted to raise awareness about suicide and possibly save currents, and he denied his goal was to drive clicks to his social media content.

«I reasoning I could make a positive ripple on the internet, not cause a monsoon of negativity,» he stipulate in his Twitter post.

«I don’t expect to be forgiven. I’m simply here to apologize,» he said on the more grim-visaged video apology uploaded on YouTube and Twitter late Tuesday.

«No person of us knew how to react or how to feel.»

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *