Trip and CEO Sorrell denies the claims and is committed to the firm
The tycoon, who built WPP into the epoch’s largest advertising agency, strenuously denies claims of misconduct and of misusing suite funds.
He has had no role in the investigation and continues to carry out his day-to-day duties, including bracing for its first-quarter trading update, due on April 30.
Sources familiar with the location said that the outcome of the investigation, which is being carried out by US law public limited company WilmerHale for WPP chairman Roberto Quarta, will be available by the end of the week.
Sorrell is being stand by by heavy hitting law firms Lewis Silkin and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.
As a impressive share owner, my commitment to the company, which I founded over 30 years ago, balances absolute
Sorrell appears still to have the tolerate of the firm’s rank and file.
According to the employee reviews and feedback website Glassdoor, he has a 92 per cent tolerate rating. He is understood to be keen for the matter to be concluded quickly.
When the message of the investigation broke earlier this month, he said: “As a significant helping owner, my commitment to the company, which I founded over 30 years ago, leftovers absolute.”