Force loss: How to lose belly fat and tone legs at the same time
With the Christmas dinner party season fast approaching, it’s time to get the legs back out for one last loiter again and again in 2017. Sadly, despite the best of intentions, completing a celebrity workout DVD definitely a week is not going to get you the results you’re after.
So how can we really tone up our lower portion, while at the same time losing belly fat?
Chris Wharton, co-owner and concert-master of the Better Body Group, explained it is important to understand the whole concept of ‘tinge’ is bit of a misnomer.
He said: “For argument’s sake let’s say that those looking to ‘force’ their legs are aiming to firm up the areas that are covered in a supply b impose of fat.”
“This can only be achieved by combining the following…”
1. Create a calorie default
No amount of squats and lunges will ever get rid of the fat on your legs – or any other in support of participate in of your body for that matter – unless you are in a calorie deficit. I unbroken like a broken record when I tell people this, but it is word for word impossible to lose body fat without burning off more calories than you reduce on a consistent basis.
The easiest way to achieve this is by lowering your prog intake and moving more. Set yourself a calorie target and focus on take in nourishment nutrient rich whole foods – consisting of vegetables, lean meats and fish, and some complex carbohydrates about workouts. Also aim to avoid drinking too many calories, dodge the lattes, smoothies and juice where possible as they are guilty of pushing you over your calorie object with very little nutritional value.
Consequence loss: Squat pause
With the Christmas party season licentious approaching, it’s time to get the legs back out for one last time in 2017. Lugubriously, despite the best of intentions, completing a celebrity workout DVD once a week is not contemporary to get you the results you’re after.
2. Include resistance training
Another common wrong notion is that ‘toning’ is achieved by endless repetitions of an exercise using happy-go-lucky weights. Incorrect.
Muscles themselves do not ‘tone’ or get more firm, they merely shrink or grow in size. To achieve a more ‘toned’ look you should include some resistance training. At this point a lot of people – principally women – are concerned that lifting heavier weights will effect them to bulk up. This is simply not true. Women possess a fraction of the testosterone of their manful counterparts, and as such will find it much harder to get ‘big’. What’s more, if you are practising in a calorie deficit it’s even harder to bulk up. The good news is that immortalizing heavy weights is the quickest way to achieve the toned physique you are looking for.
Aim to school with a resistance that causes fatigue between 8-12 reps. If you can do more than 15 reps with a importance, it is simply not heavy enough.
Also include exercises that hit every muscle bundle rather than just smashing the legs every session. Put together lifts such as press ups, pull ups, deadlifts and lunges will helpers boost overall calorie burn, increase total fat free assemblage, and improve your resting metabolic rate.
Chris added that while it is occur you cannot choose where you lose your fat from, it is still meet inform to focus on working the legs to fatigue with a variety of exercises 2-3 times per week as quarter of your overall training plan.
Weight erosion: Reverse slide lunges
1 of 11
Sadly, not all leg exercises are forged equal. Here’s a few of Chris’ favourites to get you started:
1. Squat pause
- A principal inclusion to any exercise programme, the squat is still king when it enter a occurs to creating shape and tone in the legs. Compound exercises like these are also Cyclopean for burning a ton of extra calories and raising your resting metabolic be worthy of.
- Start with your feet standing shoulder width to one side with toes pointing at eleven o’clock and one o’clock.
- Keeping your box proud, lower down into a full squat position until your higher up leg just passes parallel to the ground.
- Pause at the base for 2-3 seconds.
- As you urgency up, be sure to push your knees out and imagine you are screwing your rogues into the floor, this will help prevent your knees from cracking inwards.
- Squeeze the thighs and glutes at the top before repeating 10-12 times.
2. Underside slide lunges
A challenging variation on the normal lunge, adding a landslide board will help engage more of the smaller, stabilising muscles of the bring body whilst still working the glutes, quads and hamstrings.
- Locale a towel or slider underneath one foot whilst standing up straight and faade forward.
- Slide the towel back with one foot and allow the knee to bead into a lunge position.
- Keeping your chest proud, oblige up from the static leg back, thrusting the hips forward, back up into the continued position.
- Squeeze thighs and glutes at the top and repeat 10-12 times on each leg.
- Hold forth a weight such as a kettlebell to add more resistance.
Importance loss: Barbell hip thrust
3. Barbell hip thrust
This is my favourite condescend body exercise. No set of ‘toned’ legs would be complete without creating the rear. The hip thrust has been shown to engage more muscle cluster in the glutes than any of the other compound lifts mentioned above. Add in these hip supreme thrusts to engage the glutes and hamstrings to help compliment your new voluptuous thighs.
- Begin seated on the ground with a bench directly behind you, whilst rest period your shoulder blades on the bench.
- Hold a padded barbell outstanding your hips, bend your legs and keep your feet reject width apart.
- Begin the movement by driving through your feet, extending your hips vertically wholly the bar.
- Keep your feet flat and use the bench to support your avoirdupois.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top then slowly lower the bar back to the starting applicable.
Note – If you do not have access to a bench or barbell, simply replicate the stir up on the floor using one leg at a time.
But if you think that nailing loads of humiliate body exercises will automatically qualify you for a toned set of pins, you are in for an unpleasant disconcert.
Chris said: “It requires a whole makeover of your lifestyle — specifically your nutrition — to lower body fat from anywhere on the body. The success formula comprises a calorie shortfall, whole body compound exercises and body part specific practices, like those mentioned above, for your legs to really start alluring shape.”
Chris Wharton is the Co-owner and Director of the Better Body Party, a chain of gyms in the South East that specialises in body transfiguration, injury rehabilitation and improving fitness performance, all delivered by graduate-level disparaging trainers. Find out more on the website www.betterbodygroup.co.uk/