Talks aimed at avoiding further NHS strikes in England are due to carry on later, amid warnings the government could impose its controversial new go down with on junior doctors.
The British Medical Association (BMA) and the government are to begin two lifetimes of talks at 10:00 GMT, the conciliation service Acas said.
The dispute is settled weekend y, career progression, and fears of overworking.
A 48-hour walkout on start on 26 January if no agreement is found.
Junior doctors reverted to work at 08:00 GMT on Wednesday following the end of their first 24-hour walkout, which led to the abrogation of about 3,300 operations.
Two further strikes are planned, the second of which — on 10 February — wish involve a refusal to take rt in emergency care.
Health Secretary Jeremy Course condemned the first strike as «wholly unnecessary».
Junior doctors’ velitation: What next?
What is the junior doctors row about?
Ministers wrangle the government’s new contract will improve tient care at the weekend, but the doctors’ association says the im ct on safety would be unacceptable.
BMA council chairman Dr Impression Porter said there was «not just one remaining issue» regarding quarrel over weekend y.
He said: «There are some serious issues around tient safety and recognition of junior doctors’ contributions that privation to be sorted here.»
The government’s new head negotiator, Sir David Dalton, toasted to «engage with the BMA team directly and listen to their outstanding solicitudes».
However, Norman Smith, the BBC’s assistant political editor, said sway sources were «adamant» that if no deal was reached then its new promise would be «imposed» on junior doctors.
«This could begin as early as the summer for new doctors throw ones lot in with the NHS and would then be rolled out among the existing 50,000 junior doctors,» our news perwoman said.
- The row between junior doctors and the direction is over a new contract
- Talks broke down in 2014, but the dispute has escalated since the summer after ministers put they would impose the deal
- Ministers offered doctors an 11% Nautical in basic y last year, but that was offset by curbs to other rts of the y ckage, including yments for unsociable hours — they have justified there is not extra money for junior doctor y
- The government says the vacillate turn inti are needed to create more seven-days services, but the BMA warns safeguards to shut in a lid on excessive hours are being weakened and also has concerns about pursuit progression and weekend y
- A 48-hour strike is scheduled for Tuesday, 26 January — difficulty cover will be provided
- An all-out junior doctors’ strike is programmed for Wednesday 10 February — emergency cover will not be provided
What undeniably do junior doctors do?
How does your job com re?