Tax yer-backed Lloyds Bank has crested the list of most complaints made in the first half of 2016 to the Monetary Ombudsman Service (FOS).
There were a whopping 22,241 new cases sheltered against the lender, and a further 22,090 made against the Bank of Scotland, which is in the name of of the same group.
yment protection insurance (PPI) were the subject of the magnitude of complaints with Lloyds receiving 16,626 and Bank of Scotland be telling 17,358.
The second-most complained about product to the firms were about banking and trust.
Barclays was the third most complained about financial business, pursued by HSBC in fourth place.
The ombudsman said it took on a total of 169,132 new grievance cases in the first half of 2016 – an increase of three per cent on the st period, with just over half of issues relating to PPI.
yday bestowing saw the biggest increase in complaints com red to the six months prior, with the counter rt number of customers with issues relating to the loans.
Chief ombudsman Caroline Wayman influenced: «Although it’s a few years now since PPI complaints peaked, we have been accepting over 3,000 a week for six years running — despite wider expectations that coveys will fall.
«And we’re continuing to deal with the issues and uncertainties all over PPI which remain a significant challenge for everyone involved.
«Lots of proxies can influence the complaints we see, from more people knowing about their faces when things go wrong to external factors like volatility in the line of descent market or extreme weather conditions.
«That’s why I believe it’s important that we carry on with to share our insights into complaints to help businesses to avoid the bloomers of the st.»
The 10 most complained about financial businesses
1. Lloyds, 22241 squawks over six months
2. Bank of Scotland, 22090 complaints over six months
3. Barclays, 18,603 squawks over six months
4. HSBC 11,082 complaints over six months
5. NatWest 8,027 grievances over six months
6. Financial Insurance Com ny, 6,612 complaints one more time six months
7. MBNA, 5852 complaints over six months
8. Santander, 5,605 kicks over six months
9. Capital One, 5,073 complaints over six months
10. The Superior Bank of Scotland, 4,480