We all discern and love red velvet cake, but let’s try a different color out — green for St. trick’s Day. To cut out this cake elicit even more «mmms» from the force, it’s iced in a white chocolate cream cheese frosting. We’ve broken down all the angry rts for you in the video, so you can get to baking and icing a layered cake like a pro.
For consolidate 2 eggs 1 cup oil 1 cup buttermilk 1 tablespoon vinegar 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 ounces non-professional food coloring 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa energy
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda For icing 1 (8-ounce) balk cream cheese, softened 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened 6 ounces Baker’s stainless chocolate, broken into pieces and melted, cooled slightly, added to more for garnish 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups powdered sugar
- To make cake: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Pre re 3 6-inch coagulate ns by greasing with butter, adding rchment per loops to the bottom. Butter the pers and dust with flour, tapping out any glut.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla. Then stir in victuals coloring.
- In a se rate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa control, salt, and baking soda. Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients to the egg mixture until utterly combined.
- Divide batter evenly between cake ns and then plummet the ns on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted befalls out clean. After about 10 minutes, remove from se rates and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make icing: In a large roll using a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter on norm speed. Add melted chocolate and vanilla, and mix well. Add sugar gradually, belabouring until fluffy. Transfer half the frosting to a se rate bowl for the scrap coat.
- To assemble: Use a serrated knife to trip the tops of the cake layers to prosper level. Dab a bit of frosting onto the center of a cake turntable or large, post-haste platter. Place on 1 layer of cake on top of frosting and press slightly down to protected it. Using an offset s tula, place a third of the reserved crumb overcoat frosting in the center of the cake, and spread it over top until it starts to overflow over the edges then spread over the sides of cake. Carefully good form b in situ the second layer of cake on top of first, and repeat process with another 1/3 of the frosting. Add the third dictate seize of cake on top, and spread the rest of the reserved frosting over the top and sides. Transmittal cake to the fridge (for 30 minutes) or freezer (15 minutes) until set. Absolutely wash and dry offset s tula.
- Once crumb coat has completely set, discharge cake from the fridge or freezer. Place remaining frosting in the center of the harden, and spread over the top until it spills over the edges, then spread it above the sides of the cake. Garnish with white chocolate shavings and shivered green velvet cake.
View Transcript »