Police praise public in hunt for Milngavie fire killer


Exceptional student Cameron Logan, 23, died in the “targeted” blaze at his strain home in Milngavie, near Glasgow, early on New Year’s Day. 

His parents, Cathy and David, both 54, controlled to flee the burning semi but Cameron’s girlfriend, Global Radio correspondent Bex Williams, 24, was trapped inside. 

Bex was dragged to safety by Mr Logan and a neighbour and used up days fighting for her live in Glasgow’s Queen Elizabeth University Health centre. 

She spent most of last week in a critical condition but was yesterday labeled as “serious but stable” as detectives wait to quiz her about the blaze. 

Temporarily, the Major Investigation Team probing the attack staged a stop-and-quiz counter-spy near the Logan home exactly a week after the horrific sparkle.

Officers stopped motorists and walkers in the area between 6.30am and 8.30am on Sunday to ask if they were in the court at the time of the incident exactly one week ago. 

Detectives have issued many witness appeals, but they are particularly interested in finding a man reported to get been seen walking in Army combat clothing on the West Highland Way on the morning of the ardent. 

It is believed he routinely walks from Maryhill to the West Highland Way at Craigton Route, often passing through the Milngavie area, and officers believe he may contain information which could help the ongoing probe. 

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Livingstone signified on Sunday: “This morning’s operation was very positive and officers oversaw to speak to 45 motorists as well as 10 pedestrians (four dog walkers, five walkers and one jogger) who were in Achray Situation and the surrounding area. 

“We will now assess any new information that could potentially help with the investigation and help us catch the person responsible for this mean crime. 

“A number of potential witnesses have already come to the surface, including people who believe they may be the dog walkers mentioned in our previous prays. However we still need to speak to anyone else who was in the area on New Year’s morning.” 

Mr Livingstone amplified: “Somebody deliberately set this fire, killing a young man and seriously harming a young woman, and that person will have had to make their way from the exhibition in the immediate aftermath. 

“If you were in the area around the time of the fire and acquire not spoken to police, please come forward. 

“I would like to engage this opportunity to thank everyone who has come forward to assist with the quest so far. The response from members of the public and the local community has been superb and I would continue to urge anyone who was in the area around the time of the ask for, or who has any information about who is responsible, to please get in touch.” 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *