Parsons Green: Home raided by police owned by couple ‘who took in children & refugees’



Residents of Cavendish Low road were forced to evacuate on Saturday morning as police raided a household

Ronald and Penelope Jones, whose house in Sunbury-on-Thames was raided by armed the cops this morning, were both honoured by the Queen in 2009 for appointments to children and families.

According to an interview with Elmbridge CAN, a community class which aims «to build a culture of welcome to refugees» and help set to rights them in the local community, the couple have been foster begetters for almost 40 years and in that time they have charmed in 268 children, the last eight of which were refugees.

In the vet Mrs Jones said fostering «had its ups and downs», adding: «They’re all children, it doesn’t issue if they’re sky blue or with pink dots on them — they neutral need to be loved.»

Neighbours have described 88-year-old Ronald and 71-year-old Penelope as «spectacular people».

Nicola Ryder, who lives opposite the Joneses, said she knew them as Penny and Ron and that the combine would sometimes foster up to seven young people at a time.

Meantime longtime family friend Serena Barber, 45, said that the Joneses had take care ofed dozens of children.

She said: «Penny’s a wonderful foster mother. She reserves everyone, she doesn’t turn anyone away.»

Residents of Cavendish Lane in Sunbury-on-Thames were told to evacuate their homes early on Saturday morning as armed policewomen carried out an operation in connection with the explosion on a tube train in Parsons Grassland, which left 30 people injured.


Those people who contemporary close to the property that has been raided were told to fantasize alternative arrangements for Saturday night.

Zane Evans, 24, had upon with his mother-in-law to help her collect some belongings from lining the cordon.

He said: «She was told that she might be allowed home by midnight but she has unqualified to stay with friends tonight.

«I think lots of people enjoy decided the same thing.»

Some residents were escorted overdue to their homes by police so that they could gather things, while others in the outer cordon were allowed to return adroit in shortly after 8pm.


Some residents have been told to on alternative accommodation for Saturday night

They were told once they were in their residences they must stay there unless absolutely necessary, and evidence in and out of the cordon until it was lifted if they had to leave.

The news comes after an 18-year-old was stopped at the port in Dover on Saturday morning in connection with the west London inroad yesterday.

The man remains in custody at a local police station and will be removed to a south London police station soon. 

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, Elder National Co-ordinator for Counter Terrorism Policing, said: “We have sanctioned a significant arrest in our investigation this morning.


Residents wait behind the cordon while oversee carried out operations in Surrey

«Although we are pleased with the progress move ated, this investigation continues and the threat level remains at critical.

“The projected should remain vigilant as our staff, officers and partners continue to succeed through this complex investigation. We are not, at this time, changing our watchful security measures and the steps taken to free up extra armed cops remain in place.

“This arrest will lead to more labour from our officers. For strong investigative reasons we will not give any multifarious details on the man we arrested at this stage.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *