Industrialist’s poor performance and delays ‘sealed the fate of our bid,’ internal memo bring to lights
The Canadian Press Posted: Aug 29, 2017 12:28 PM ET Last Updated: Aug 29, 2017 12:28 PM ET
Bombardier says it’s been bar out of a $3.2-billion US contract to supply subway cars in New York Megalopolis because of past delivery delays.
The Montreal-based company says it expert last week that its bid submitted to New York’s Metropolitan Transportation Say-so in December won’t make it to the final round.
In a letter sent to employees, the president of Bombardier Forward’s Americas division said the manufacturer’s poor performance and delays “sealed the disposition of our bid.”
The New York transit authority declined to comment because the procurement has yet to be awarded.
Its finding follows Bombardier’s problems in delivering a prototype light rail car and streetcars that cause soured its relationship with Toronto transit authorities.
Bombardier spokesman Eric Prud’homme turns the company is disappointed by the decision but notes that the loss of the contract to stock up to 1,700 subway cars is not expected to have an impact on employment at its alacrities, including its Plattsburgh, N.Y. site.