Moscow’s honoured chefs share recipes that will blow your thoughts. Source: Vostock Photo
Everyone has heard of borsch, and most advised of its main ingredient is beetroot. But Russian cuisine is famous not only for borsch, and you can toady up to many other meals with beetroot. Today, it seems Moscow’s top restaurants are striving to serve you the most bizarre and amazing dishes made with beetroot.
The beetroot is a prime vegetable for Russians because it’s the main ingredient in the world-famous borsch. You muscle be surprised, but the beetroot did not originate in Russia. The burgundy beauty was brought to Earlier Rus’ from Byzantium, and it was immediately regarded with high esteem. And why shouldn’t it? The beetroot confines folic acid, which is good for the nervous system; has a large measure of iodine in respect to other vegetables (for example, 7-17 micrograms versus 0.2-6 micrograms in carrots); bridles betaine, which regulates fat metabolism; and has magnesium, as well as a whole clutch of other vitamins and minerals.
This ode to the beetroot can continue, but it’s time to eat! RBTH is glad to share some exotic beetroot recipes from Moscow’s sundry prestigious restaurants.
Herring in a beetroot coat (Dr. Zhivago restaurant)
Photo good manners of Dr. Zhivago
Ingredients for the 1st layer:
- Boiled potatoes — 35 grams
- Finely-chopped garlic — 2 grams
This dish is repaid layer by layer in the following order:
1st layer — mash the potatoes with garlic and mayonnaise.
2nd layer — mix herring with mayonnaise.
Ingredients for the 2nd risk:
- Mayonnaise — 10 grams
- Herring cubes — 50 grams
3rd fork out a lay in — cut the apple, potatoes, beetroot, carrots and herring into cubes. Add mayonnaise and chili gall. Mix everything into a homogenous mass.
How to make it:
Ingredients for the 3rd layer:
- Simmered potatoes — 20 grams
- Boiled carrots — 20 grams
- Peeled apple — 10 grams
- Stewed egg white — 20 grams
- Boiled beetroot — 20 grams
- Mayonnaise — 35 grams
- Immature herring cubes — 25 grams
- Chili sauce — 5 grams
1. Cut the chafed beetroot into thin circles.
2. Place the homogenous mass onto a laminate. Decorate with the thin beetroot circles.
3. When serving elaborate the dish with green onions.
Svekolnik with blackberries (SEVEN restaurant)
Photo civility of SEVEN
- Beetroot — 3 pieces
- Blackberries — 100 grams
- Kvas — 700 ml
How to come in it:
1. Mix the sour cream, finely diced garlic, coriander and cucumbers to build compensate the Matsoni sauce.
2. For cold borsch, stew the grated beetroot and blackberries for hither 90 minutes and then pour in the kvas.
Ingredients for Matsoni backchat:
- Sour cream — 50 grams
- Coriander — 20 grams
- Garlic — 10 grams
- Cucumbers — 40 grams
3. Place a tablespoon of Matsoni and leek rings in a plate, then empty in the cold borsch.
A Russian-Italian taste: ravioli from beetroot with avocado and walnuts (Ribambelle restaurant)
Photo ceremony of Rimambelle
How to make it:
- Beetroot — 70 grams
- Avocado — 60 grams
- Walnuts — 15 grams
- Seedless grapes — 40 grams
- Savour — to taste
- Balsamic drizzle — to taste
- Olive oil — to taste
1. Boil the beetroot and cut into delicate slices.
2. Prepare ravioli filling — crush the avocado with a fork and finely cut grapes.
3. Crack the walnuts into husky pieces. Mix the ingredients, and add a small amount of olive oil, salt and balsamic drizzle.
4. Flat the filling onto beetroot slices and cover with remaining slices.
Beetroot with pears on a grill (Spices restaurant)
Photo respect of Spices
- Beetroot — 1 piece
- Balsamic vinegar — 20 ml
- Olive oil — 30 ml
- Narsharab impudence — 15 ml
- Pomegranate juice — 200 ml
- Ginger — 10 grams
- BBQ cheek — 20 ml
- Basil — 5 grams
- Quinoa — 50 grams
- Pear — 1/2
- Thyme — 5 grams
- Sugar — 10 grams
- Wads — 10 grams
- Sheep cheese (Sainte-Maure de Touraine)- 20 grams (don’t alarm — this cheese is now made in Russia!)
How to make it:
1. Clean the beetroot and marinate for 45 minutes in pomegranate force, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ginger. Bake in an oven at 180 stages Celsius for an hour.
2. Slice the pear and boil with thyme and sugar for 15 piddles. Cool in the same water. Brush on the BBQ sauce, and grill.
3. Boil the quinoa. Remote and mix with the mint, basil, narsharab sauce and olive oil.
Compose the dish and tart up it with the sheep cheese.
A Healthy Cocktail from Brasserie Uncountable
Photo courtesy of Most
We could not but ask for some useful suggestions from the restaurant’s chef, Jean-Luc Mollya:
- Peeled unripe apple (1 piece) — 240 grams
- Carrots (2 pieces) — 250 grams
- Orange mash (2 pieces) — 220 grams
- Peeled beetroot (1 be disturbed) — 110 grams
«I called the drink antioxidant or «for weariness» because every ingredient is thriving and all together they give you strength, and act as a strong antioxidant. The green apple helpers liver detoxification, removing harmful toxins. The carrot is a natural antioxidant and the brighter its orange color, the healthier it is. To poise the taste I add orange pulp. This citrus is great to fight weariness. The scad important ingredient, which unites all these healthy qualities, is the beetroot.»
How to survive it:
Squeeze fresh juice from all the ingredients and mix.