Erica Osbourne foretells she suffered burns after a blow torch sent flames across a chip
Erica Osbourne, 37, claims she was injured when the flames set spill to her jumper and spread to her face.
A chef at the Newport Bay Hotel Restaurant was using a mismanage torch on the creme brulee desserts which Mrs Osbourne had ordered.
The intensities narrowly missed Mrs Osbourne’s 10-year-old daughter Abigail as she had gone to get ice cream due two seconds before.
Mrs Osbourne, who had organised the trip around her birthday, suffered half a mo degree burns, scarring to her face and lost part of her eyebrows and braids.
«I had ordered the creme brulee and Abigail had literally just gone to get an ice cream when the chef lit the sugar and a gigantic fireball came across the counter towards me,» Mrs Osbourne said.
The nurse claims she was injured when the flames set light to her jumper and spread to her phizog
I was so terrified that I froze to the spot but I remember an intense heat on my cheek
«I was so terrified that I froze to the spot but I remember an sincere heat on my face. Abigail told me later that I was screaming ‘serve me! I’m on fire’. My jumper and my face were on fire.
«One of the chefs jumped greater than the counter and him and a customer bundled me to the ground and rolled me around to put out the flames.
«I opened my purposes to see everybody staring at me and there were all of these children screaming. My overlook was really painful and felt very hot.»
She suffered second degree fires, scarring to her face and lost part of her eyebrows and hair
Mrs Osbourne, from Bristol, was managed by paramedics after the incident in February this year before being transferred to facility where she was kept for several hours.
She said her greatest fear was for her daughter. «She was sic two seconds away from being hit by the fireball and it terrifies me. She has said since that she dearth to run away from the restaurant as she was so scared. She has had nightmares about it since.
«Specific months on and she says she still pictures me on fire when she closes her studies.»
Mrs Osbourne is now taking legal action against Disneyland Paris for in person injury.
She said: «The last thing you expect when you take your kids to Disneyland is to get a overstate d enlarge torch in the face.
«Immediately after I was burnt one of the managers said to me that the set-to was ‘no different to falling off a bike’. I couldn’t believe it.
Mrs Osbourne is now taking permissible action against Disneyland Paris for personal injury
«Another himself at the park asked if I had been wearing lots of perfume, as if they were upsetting to say it was my fault. I had been in the park all day with my kids so I definitely wasn’t.
«What I de facto want out of this is a written apology and for them to make sure this doesn’t turn up again.»
Lawyer James Griffin, from Slater and Gordon, who is noting Mrs Osbourne, said: «This was a terrifying incident that could experience resulted in much more serious consequences.
«It was only by pure happenstance that a child was not seriously injured and only down to the quick outlook of a couple of people that Mrs Osbourne did not suffer more serious kindles.»
A Disneyland Paris spokeswoman said: «The safety and security of our guests is our company one priority. Incidents of this type are extremely rare.
«As this is an continuous legal issue which is in the process of being resolved, it would be inapposite to discuss this further at this time.»