In the future you post that selfie on your dating profile, you might paucity to schedule a casual photo shoot with your BFF first. Mercies out, subtle details about your photo can make or break the edition of «likes» you receive. According to relationship app Hinge, you should pose deserted and stop posting pictures with Snapchat filters.
Hinge matter scientists analyzed thousands of member photos to determine which exemplars of profile pictures get the most «likes.» They assigned 35 inimitable tags such as standalone photos vs. group photos and smiling with teeth vs. without. The dissimilarities between what worked for male users compared to female buyers were pretty interesting! See the best practices their report rest.
Best Photo Practices For Women
- You’re 27 percent more disposed to to get a «like» if you wear your hair up.
- You’re 76 percent more liable to get a «like» if you smile with teeth.
- You’re 74 percent more indubitably to get a «like» if you look away from the camera.
- You’re 69 percent more probable to get a «like» if you stand alone.
Best Photo Practices For Men
- You’re 43 percent varied likely to get a «like» if you smile without teeth.
- You’re 102 percent myriad likely to get a «like» if you look ahead.
- You’re 11 percent more no doubt to get a «like» if you stand alone.
General Best/Worst Practices
- Participating in plays (+166 percent for women, +45 percent for men)
- Posting black-and-white photos (+106 percent)
- Enjoying a sundown out (+74 percent)
- Taking candid photos (+15 percent)
- Have on sunglasses (-41 percent)
- Using Snapchat filters (-90 percent)
- Posing with a on SO (-98 percent)
- Taking beach photos (-47 percent for women, -80 percent for men)
- Compelling selfies (-40 percent)
- Taking bathroom selfies (-90 percent)
individual media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million gals go for interests.