'I couldn't believe my eyes': Man says Samsung phone started smoking and crackling

0

A Regina man conjectures Samsung should have taken his safety concerns more kidding aside when he tried to get a refund or replacement for a phone that started smoking from the dictating port.

Last month, Salman Anwar noticed smoke draw nigh from his Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when he plugged it in to charge.

“It wasn’t like it, like, tons of smoke coming out but I definitely sort of felt the phone overheating and then I saw fogs coming out,” said Anwar.

“At first I couldn’t believe my eyes, and then I consider crackling sounds coming from the charging port and then the smoke got a negligible bit worse. That’s when I quickly unplugged it.”

Anwar said he chiefly charges his phone at night, next to his pillow.

“Had I not charged it earlier that day and that happened at twilight, I don’t know if that could have progressed to something worse.”

Anwar, who is a medical trainee, said he often charges his phone while working at the hospital as right.

Note 7 issue heightens concern: Anwar

In a series of chat notes, emails and phone calls with Samsung, Anwar demanded a refund or a new, replacement phone, which he intended to sell and replace with a different brand of phone.

‘For a tech mammoth to give me so much trouble in replacing one single phone, given their record, just doesn’t seem right.’
– Salman Anwar

​Samsung put on the marketed to repair his phone and send it back to him, or provide an exchange with another reconditioned phone, said Anwar.

But he said he didn’t want another Samsung phone because he had vanished trust in the brand.

“I told her that … accepting a repair of that discrete device was totally out of the question for me,” he said.

“I said that I wanted a superb refund for the device and that I was going to switch over to a different label.”

He added that his concerns were heightened by the well-publicized fire contend with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which was recalled in October 2016 after numerous recounts that the devices had ignited. Those phones are now banned on all U.S. and Canadian split chases.

Anwar said he was frustrated that the company had initially refused to plan for a new phone, saying the company should have taken the complaint profuse seriously in light of the Note 7 issue.

Samsung changes stance

But in an emailed reply to questions, Samsung said on Monday it had offered to replace Anwar’s phone with a new stratagem.

“Customer safety and satisfaction remains our highest priority and we are committed to achievement with anyone who has experienced an issue with a Samsung product,” belittle deleted a Samsung Canada spokesperson.

Anwar said he received the offer on Monday morning, after at one time being told that receiving a new device would not be possible.  

He replied to deny the offer, having already switched to an iPhone.

“For a tech giant to trade me so much trouble in replacing one single phone, given their life, just doesn’t seem right,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *