How a Simple Garden Hose Gave a Little Boy Second-Degree Burns


How a Simple Garden Hose Gave a Little Boy Second-Degree Burns

Dominique Woodger brooding she was giving her baby boy a great Summer experience as she turned on the garden hose to be abundant up a kiddie pool in her backyard, but she ended up giving her 9-month-old son, Nicholas, second-degree fires over 30 percent of his body.

The Phoenix-area mom told KNXV TV she had no picture the water coming out of the hose was even hot when she accidentally sprayed her son.

“I scheme he was crying because he was mad . . . he hates when he gets sprayed in the front,” Woodger said. “I didn’t think it was burning him.”

But almost immediately, his scrape began peeling and blisters formed along his right side.

That day, it was 115 degrees, which cruels the water inside the hose – when left out in the sun – could reach as consequential as 150 degrees, the station noted.

“At those temperatures, something as cut as a 10- or 30-second exposure can result in a second-degree burn,” the city’s fire dependent captain, Larry Subervi, said.

Thankfully, the boy is making a full return. Woodger’s advice: “Just be careful. Touch it before you let your kids close to it.”

independent media and technology com ny for women. Where assorted than 75 million women go for original, inspirational substance that feeds their ssions and interests.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *