Gangland killers launch bid for freedom as victim's family object


The mean duo, who shot dead Jonathan O’Reilly outside Cloverhill Prison in 2005, are being inhibited at Wheatfield Prison as the parole board considers their applications for let off.

Both the family of their victim and the family of State witness Joseph O’Callaghan, whose data helped put them away, have objected strongly to their tells for freedom.

It is understood that security has been tightened around O’Callaghan, who is now positioned outside the jurisdiction, in the run-up to the releases. 

Both Hinchon and Kenny foreboded to kill O’Callaghan and forced him into the Witness Protection Programme (WPP) for his own guarding.

Kenny applied for parole last October and his request is being regarded. His cohort Hinchon put in his application shortly before Christmas and was moved to Wheatfield, where he is hoping for a decree in the early new year.

The drug dealers both worked with exterminated Mark ‘Guinea Pig’ Desmond and other gangland heavies and will be indubitable to apply their muscle when they are released in order to re-establish themselves as energy players in the drugs business.

Kenny has enjoyed day release for visits to his subdivision in the past two years and was even given an escorted day out for his son’s Communion.

The pair got freshness sentences in July 2005 after Joseph ‘the Lips’ O’Callaghan gave support at their trial. Both were also found guilty of looming to kill O’Callaghan, who was only 18 years of age when he was forced to undertake the WPP.

They had shot 25-year-old Jonathan O’Reilly over a row with the insignificant drug dealer. At the time of the murder O’Callaghan had been living with Kenny and his collaborator and he told the court that he was warned not to open his mouth to anyone wide the killing or he would be murdered too.

O’Callaghan first met milkman Kenny when he started to assemble milk money for him on his round in Blanchardstown. He used to babysit for him and partner Rita Harling, who would go on to make little of a book about the domestic abuse she suffered at the hands of the drug salesman.

On the night of the murder, O’Callaghan said that the pair had arrived retaliation to Kenny’s Finglas home and told him that they had shot O’Reilly. He declared Kenny asked him to bury the gun and burn the clothes that he and Hinchon had ragged.

Behind bars Kenny has attempted to behave like a model internee, but Hinchon remained involved in the drug business from his prison cubicle. In 2009 he pleaded guilty to conveying a mobile phone and to conspiring with others to convey cannabis into Mountjoy Nick between January 2005 and March 2007.

Hinchon, from St Ronan’s Fast in Clondalkin, paid prison officer Dillon O’Brien to smuggle drugs and ambulant phones into the jail in 2009.

In 2014 he was caught smuggling cannabis and a sensitive phone into the same prison after being treated in Dublin’s Mater Clinic.

The killer was rushed to A&E after complaining of feeling ill and was kept in for observation for 72 hours, but when he reappeared to the prison he was nabbed with the slab of drugs and the phone concealed in his tracksuit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *