Setting the sad news in an emotional statement, the Queen star said he had agonised in excess of the decision but that his energy had been “destroyed” by the mystery condition.
The 69-year-old apologised to hounds for pulling out of the 11 Candlelight Concerts, saying he didn’t feel self-possessed to take to the stage.
Brian wrote: “We’re very sad today to announce the inexact postponement of our ‘candlelight’ concert dates this coming December.”
The hitmaker pursued: “This is a decision I’ve agonised over, but in the end it has become inevitable. I managed to settled the recent Queen and Adam Lambert dates in Asia, but I have been increasingly battling with a incessant illness which is destroying my energy and my will.
“I am now at the point where I don’t strike one confident to perform the scheduled shows to the standard we all expect. I’ve been strongly advised to nap and heal, rather than go out and risk ‘falling down on the job’ out there, which desire be a real tragedy.”
Brian added: “I’m convinced it’s much better fascinating the step to cancel the dates now, refunding the fans for the ticket sales, and issue all our team a chance to re-plan their time in December. Sincere apologies to all.”
Kerry Ellis, who the eminent was set to appear alongside, told followers his health “must come victory”.
The 37-year-old went on: “I was so looking forward to touring the UK again with Brian. I recollect so many of you had bought tickets for an early Christmas treat, and I am truly contrite that we are letting so many of you down.
“But we will be back next year for indubitable, with new music for you all to hear.”
The ir were due to kick off their junket on December 7 in Dorking before finishing in Guildford on December 23.