If you’re heedful about smothering your skin with DEET to ward off mosquitoes, you as likely as not end up with a few too many bug bites. The itchiness can drive you nuts, especially if you’re hot or disquieting to sleep. Although scratching the affected area might offer sudden relief, it’ll only cause more inflammation, which makes it thirst even more. But worse, if you scratch the bite until it bleeds, beginning the skin with your dirty fingernails can put you at risk for an infection. If you’re a magnet for mosquito morsels, here are some healthy ways to relieve that annoying tingle.
Many of these are folk remedies used in the holistic community with crumb to no scientific evidence to back them up, but then again, many people use profanity these work. Instead of just suffering, it may be worth giving them a try.
- Spirits: While pounding a few beers can help you forget about your itchy derma, that’s not the type of alcohol I’m talking about. Grab rubbing booze or an alcohol wipe from a first aid kit and clean the infected area as readily at some time as you notice you’re bitten, and it can help prevent severe itchiness. No alcohol? Homely soap and water works well, too.
- Lemon or lime juice: Result anti-itch, antibacterial, and antimicrobial, a little bit of fresh-squeezed juice on the affected rade-ground can reduce itchiness and prevent infection. Use this remedy indoors since tell sun exposure can cause your skin to blister.
- Ice: To reduce swelling and insensible the itch away, an ice ck does the trick. If you have too many bites to regard, go for a cold shower or a dip in a chilly lake.
- Baking soda: For an inexpensive anti-itch nacea, make a thick ste with baking soda and water, and fix it to your bites for 15 minutes. Baking soda contains an alkaline compose that may help neutralize the pH of your skin, which can help advance inflammation.
- Tea tree oil: A natural anti-inflammatory that can help with acne or poison ivy, this required oil can also help reduce swelling and prevent infection if you can’t help but scratch.
- Tooth ste: If you don’t shrewdness little white spots all over your skin, apply pokes of peppermint tooth ste for quick itch relief.
- Salt: For fast elevation, moisten the bite with a little water and gently rub it with finely argument salt. Or better yet, if you’re near the beach, go for a saltwater swim.
- Aloe: The sedateness effect of fresh aloe can soothe the itch and help heal the flay if it has been scratched open.
- Apple cider vinegar: Diluted in your bathtub, it not simply can soothe sunburn, but the malic acid in apple cider vinegar can also soothe your hanker. Not into taking a bath? Dab a few drops on a cotton ball and apply anon to the affected areas.
- Banana peel: Don’t knock it till you try it! The sugars from the peel may inform appropriate draw fluid out of the bite, so try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the stretch.
- Saliva: A trick my brother used to use on me, spit a little on your meddle, gently dab it on the bite, and let air-dry.
- Slapping: It may seem a little odd, but you can confuse your temerities by slapping the area with your hands, and your brain won’t be talented to discern between itch and in.
independent media and technology players for women. Where more than 75 million women go for underived, inspirational content that feeds their ssions and interests.