Apple anointed the Steve Jobs Theater on its new campus in Cupertino, California, yesterday with a slew of offering announcements. While iPhones took center-stage at the event, other hallmarks under the Apple umbrella weren’t left behind. Here’s caboodle you need to know about the newest additions to the Apple product genre.
- The iPhone X, pronounced «iPhone Ten,» is Apple’s $1,000 anniversary strategy with an edge-to-edge OLED display, facial recognition, and no Home button.
- Conform out our iPhone X hands-on by senior reviews editor Samuel Axon to see the high-end gubbins in better detail.
- The iPhone X was the showstopper, but Apple announced the new iPhone 8 and 8 Plus that are various akin to last year’s iPhone 7 models.
- AirPower is Apple’s new wireless asserting technology that works with the iPhone X and the iPhone 8 models, but it’s not convenient yet.
- The Apple Watch Series 3 brings LTE connectivity to the wearable for the in the first place time, in addition to a barometric altimeter for stair-counting.
- Ars also got to go hands-on with the Series 3, which looks just about identical to the Apple Watch Series 2.
- The newly announced Apple TV 4K disseminates Apple’s set-top box a big update with 4K and HDR compatibility, Metal 2, and the A10X Fusion Token.
- iDevices can download iOS 11 on September 19, lessening the new Files app, an updated Control Center, drag-and-drop features to iPads, and profuse.
- watchOS 4 comes out on September 19, updating Apple Watch models with a Siri look for face, an updated Workout app with an HIIT option and improved swim run down, and heart rhythm monitoring software.
Check out some photos from inside Apple’s new, futuristic-looking campus, especially the Steve Jobs Theater. CEO Tim Cook emphasized the structure’s one-ness with genre at the event. The entire campus is 100 percent powered by renewable vigour, and the main circular structure meshes indoor and outdoor environments by interweaving with trees and other fixes.