A believed acid attack victim has been rushed to Doncaster Royal first-aid station
Armed police and firefighters rushed to help at least two suspected acid deprecation victims after they arrived at hospital covered in a mystery composition.
The fire brigade was also called to the scene in a bid to help.
Eyewitnesses defined hearing a car window smash and then loud screams near the admission to the Women’s Hospital at around 1.20pm.
A spokeswoman for the hospital said that at least two people had driven to the nursing home in a car after they had a liquid squirted at them.
But, she added, that the deprecation had not taken place on hospital grounds.
The liquid has been classified as an «unidentified substance.»
According to witnesses, there was a funny smell after the liquid was thrown at the victims.
An bystander told Doncaster Free Press that there was traces of a spillage of translucent in the grounds of the women’s hospital, close to the entrance.
She told the paper: “It all take placed really fast. I heard a car window smash and heard a lot of loud yowls.
«I didn’t see the victims or the attackers because it all sounded like an argument and I didn’t neediness to involve myself by looking…the targeted car was still parked and the security petitioned people to go inside.
Firefighters arrived on scene in a bid to help the sufferers (file picture)
«There was a funny smell for a while and it all people celebrated saying was that two people were injured because acid was crowded all over them and was spilled all over the car park.
«I didn’t see how they got away as I’d gone within because it was terrifying.
«The two victims were rushed straight into A&E and the be up in the air brigade were almost straight on scene followed by the police.»
1 of 12
David Purdue, chief performing officer at Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: «We are currently fretting for patients who have presented to Doncaster Royal Infirmary’s Emergency Subdivision following an incident with an unknown substance.
«As a precautionary measure we are introducing with our partners at South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue to follow remedy decontamination procedures to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff.»
A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Set on fire and Rescue said that doctors had tested the liquid but found no discovers of a harmful substance or acid on the victims bodies.
He added: «We sent a company with decontamination equipment but they found no chemical residue on the three people who confer oned themselves at the hospital. It appears to have been a false alarm.»